Last week I told you that your body is emotionally addicted to the frequency and chemical emotions of struggling with your weight.
Here is a list of behaviors that tell you that is true for you:
- Think about your weight every day
- Have tried diet after diet and still look for new diets to try even though they never last
- Criticize your body and rarely, if ever, have anything nice to say about your body
- Compare your body to others, magazines, tv shows etc.
- Have felt dislike, disgust embarrassed, guilty and ashamed of your body since you were young or for a VERY long time
- I told you last week that the first thing to do is become your own hero and understand your emotional conditioning to your weight and stop trying to fix the superficial part of the problem by going on another diet.
Here is how your emotional addiction works in your body…
You wake up in the morning and your cells call for their “fix” of the emotional chemicals they are used to having come down from your brain.
Your cells will send a signal to your brain to think thoughts that trigger their emotional fix!
YES, the cells of your body will send a signal to your brain!
Is that crazy?
I thought so.
Your cells have their own consciousness. They are alive and become addicted to the emotions that are programmed in your body.
Here is the thing…
What you feel is NOT who you are!
The Feelings You Have Every Day Are Only Memorized Frequencies That Feel Normal To You.
This is why you self-sabotage after about 4-6 weeks of a diet, or sooner, it doesn’t feel right so your body sends a signal to your brain to think thoughts like the following:
- You can cheat a little. You’ve been so good lately.
- It doesn’t matter.
Who cares just eat it!
- Diets don’t work for you remember. This one is no different.
- Maybe you’re just meant to be fat.
And so on
Living in a body you love is a transformational journey that will help you understand yourself more than you ever have AND it will feel different, uncomfortable and even WRONG!
The good thing is feeling that way tells you that you’re on the right path!
This is not an easy journey. Most women will go their entire life and NEVER live in a body they love because the emotional addiction is so strong and they don’t even know they have it!
Next week I’m going to share another insight about getting out of dieting hell. I hope you’ll keep your eyes peeled.
For now, do these two things:
#1: Realized you have an emotional addiction to the feeling of struggling with your weight.
#2: Understand your body will send signals to your brain to think thoughts that release that emotion into your cells so they can get their fix.
These insights are from my 8-month program called: Live In A Body You Love. I’m thrilled to share them.
It’s time to change your emotional patterns and allow yourself to have different results with your weight release efforts! =)
If you’d like to share your weight loss journey with, please either post on our Women Being Fit Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/womenbeingfit/
Or email me at Michelle@WomenBeingFit.com I’d love to hear from you.